Hard-boil your eggs (instant pot):
- Place trivet in the bottom of the pot. Add eggs and one cup of water. Twist lid shut until it beeps and make sure vent is in the “sealed” position.
- Press “manual” or “pressure cook” button and set timer for 7 minutes (high pressure). Once time expires, let pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes. If the float valve still hasn’t dropped, manually release it.
- Transfer eggs to an ice bath for 5 minutes or until cool and easy to handle.
- Peel and slice each egg in half.
Make the filling:
- Remove each of the egg yolks into a medium bowl (I found the easiest way is to use a small spoon to kind of pop them out from the sides).
- Add cream cheese and mash well. Lightly season with salt and pepper if desired (but keep in mind the everything bagel seasoning has salt in it).
Assemble the Eggs:
- Divide the filling evenly between each egg, scooping it back into the yolks. I found about 1 tsp each.
- Top each with everything bagel seasoning and (optionally) chives.