A simple and convenient salad in a jar combining classic fall ingredients like butternut squash and honeycrisp apples.
Balsamic vinaigrette (store-bought or see recipe at the end)
15.5 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
One large honeycrisp apple, diced
One small butternut squash, cubed small and roasted (let cool)
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/3 cup dried tart cherries
4 oz container of bleu cheese crumbles
Arugula, one small clamshell
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and chop squash, toss in olive oil, salt and pepper then roast for 20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile toast the almonds, chop the apple, and make the dressing (if using homemade).
3. Equally divide all ingredients between the four jars in the order they are listed.
4. Screw on lids tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
5. When ready to eat, remove lid and pull out ingredients with a fork onto plate/bowl.