A roundup of some favorite food and nutrition related things including recipes, new product finds, restaurants, and cooking stuff. Note that this post may contain affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only recommend things I personally use and love.
You guys are going nuts over this Peach, Corn & Hatch Green Chile Salsa and I’m totally on board with it! Once I get wind of the first batch of local in-season peaches, I might be eating them in some form for three meals a day.
Latest Cookbook Find
Love & Lemons Everyday is my latest cookbook find. I checked it out from the library at the request of a friend and have really liked all of the recipes we’ve tried so far!
- The best part about it: all of the recipes are layered with flavor and feature awesome sauces/dressings (mah fave).
- The drawback: many of them are time-consuming, so if you’re on the hunt for fast and easy, this might not be a good choice for you. Regardless, I love the fun twist on vegetables. There is so much creativity!
Here’s a sampling of some favorites dishes:
Watermelon All Day Everyday
My summer fruit obsession has been going strong for months and my current favorite is all things WATERMELON. I’ve made this watermelon mint fizz cocktail/mocktail at least 3-4x since publishing the recipe and it’s just so refreshing.
I also seem to keep pinning watermelon recipes like these watermelon popsicles and this spicy watermelon salad with cilantro + lime (love the sweet/spicy contrast!). What summer fruit are you currently freaking out over and what’s your favorite way to use it?
Healthyish Farmer’s Market Challenge
Last year I participated in the Healthyish farmer’s market challenge and it was awesome! I found that beauty of a radish salad which I still make often (I dare you to find a more delicious way to serve radishes). They just announced that they’ll be hosting it again in August so stay connected with Healthyish and Bon Appetit for the details.
How does it work? 10 new recipes are shared featuring all of the best seasonal end-of-summer produce and the goal is to cook all of them sometime in the month of August. Totally approachable, but also a fun incentive to try new things. Who else wants to join me?
Around the Internet
Lastly, here are a few random nuggets from around the internet this month that you might be interested in:
- This Twitter thread is everything.
- The Top Nutrition Fallacies on Social Media. An important reminder that just because you read something on Facebook doesn’t mean it’s true.
- 12 High-Fat Foods You Should Be Eating, because it’s not the 90s anymore.
- 35 Healthy BBQ Recipes for Your Next Outdoor Gathering. Can we ever really have too many of these in our back pocket? I don’t think so.
- These are the Best Snacks for Summer Travel. A list of dietitian favorites that satisfy!
- 15 No Stove, No Oven Recipes to Beat the Heat. Because HELLO it’s hot out there.
Share one of your July favorites in the comments!
Want more nutrition tips & recipes?
Subscribe to my bi-weekly emails. I'll recap what's new on the blog, plus share exclusive healthy living tips and resources!