A roundup of some favorite food things including recipes, new product finds, restaurants, and cooking stuff. Note that this post may contain affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only recommend things I personally use and love.
- Hot Pink Hummus via The Pretty Dish (affiliate link). As somewhat of a cookbook freak, I can say that after over a year of using this one it’s still a go-to in my house. I keep finding new favorites, including this beet hummus that I recently made. How beautiful is that color? The beet flavor is mild but it would definitely take a vegetable tray up about ten notches. Other favorites from The Pretty Dish: shrimp cobb salads, jalapeno butternut squash tacos, and marinated chickpeas.
- Black Pepper Tofu. This was so freaking good! If you’re on the fence with tofu, this is a great starter recipe. It’s simple but flavorful and gets nice and crispy because of the corn starch. I had most of the ingredients on hand, nothing too weird or hard to find. I left out the chiles because of the hefty amount of black pepper and it still had plenty of heat.
New Product Finds
- Simple Mills Tomato Basil Crackers. Simple Mills recently sent me a box of product to sample and I really loved this flavor. I’m also a big fan of the Farmhouse Cheddar (the base of my Gochujang Snack Mix!).
- Seven Sundays Blueberry Muesli. Another sample that I’ll be buying when I see in stores. I soak this mix in milk overnight, then top it with fruit and pumpkin seeds the next morning.
- Blackberry Cucumber La Croix. So refreshing! I’m already envisioning this in mocktails throughout the summer. Try it mixed with fresh cucumber slices, a few blackberries, and a splash of good lemonade.
- Iced Cafe de Olla from Hoja. This is such a fun and quaint neighborhood spot to grab coffee with a friend. If you’re local to Denver, stop in and try this drink, which is a concentrated cold brew lightly sweetened and topped with almond milk and an orange.
- Acreage. I wax poetic about Stem Ciders enough, so it’s about time I finally made it to their restaurant concept up in North Denver. We had a fantastic experience and I promptly added it to my Denver Restaurant Guide, which says a lot because I’m very particular about the recommendations I give visitors!
- Traeger. I haven’t talked too much about this yet but we recently bought a Traeger and it’s our favorite appliance of the moment. If you entertain a lot in the summer, it’s a really convenient way to make an insanely delicious large meal for a crowd. I’m looking forward to experimenting with vegetables, cocktails (yes, you read that correctly) and cast iron baking (!!). Any other recommendations?
Any new fun food finds this month?
Want more nutrition tips & recipes?
Subscribe to my bi-weekly emails. I'll recap what's new on the blog, plus share exclusive healthy living tips and resources!