These vegetarian quinoa stuffed portobello mushrooms are a tasty and healthy twist on pizza! They come together fast enough for a weeknight meal and even the carnivores in your house will leave satisfied.
Any mushroom pizza fans out there?
You will LOVE these pizza stuffed portobellos for a quick and simple weeknight meal that’s powered by plants and full of great flavor.
Quinoa adds bulk to make these super satisfying and worthy of a meal. The salty, briney olives and sun-dried tomato pesto really take them over the top.Print
Pizza Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
If you’re as much of a mushroom fan as I am and you like pizza, you will love these pizza stuffed portobellos for a quick and simple weeknight meal that’s powered by plants and full of great flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Mains
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps (cleaned, with stems and gills removed)
- 1/2 cup quinoa (will make about 1-1.5 cups cooked)
- Heaping spoonful of sun-dried tomato pesto (or jarred tomato sauce)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8–10 kalamata olives
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Make the quinoa according to package directions, then transfer to a medium bowl
- Meanwhile, place mushrooms stem side down on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are in the oven, add olives, pesto (or sauce), and parmesan cheese to quinoa and mix until well combined.
- Once mushrooms are done, flip and divide quinoa mixture between each cap. Top with mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup each).
- Transfer sheet pan back to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. You can also broil for a minute or so to get the cheese extra bubbly!
- Garnish with basil.
- The sun-dried tomato pesto adds a deeper flavor, but feel free to sub tomato sauce if you can’t find it!
Keywords: vegetarian, gluten-free, quinoa stuffed mushrooms, pizza stuffed mushrooms
Want more nutrition tips & recipes?
Subscribe to my bi-weekly emails. I'll recap what's new on the blog, plus share exclusive healthy living tips and resources!