Prosciutto wrapped peaches are a simple yet elegant appetizer that allows summer peaches to shine. The fruit is lightly broiled before being wrapped with prosciutto and basil while still warm. A drizzle of balsamic glaze pulls everything together and adds a picture-perfect finish.
You might also like:Print
Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches with Basil
Prosciutto wrapped peaches are a simple yet elegant appetizer that allows summer peaches to shine.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 medium-large peaches, halved and pitted
- 8–10 basil leaves
- 4 oz prosciutto
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
- Set your oven to broil and line a sheet pan with foil. Spray to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Slice each peach into six wedges and place them on the sheet pan in a single layer with space in between each. Broil 7-10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
- Meanwhile cut proscuitto into 12 rectangles and lay half a basil leaf on top each.
- Place cooked peaches on top of the proscuitto/basil, wrap, and secure with a toothpick. Transfer to a large platter.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top and finish with basil chiffonade.
- The equipment section above provides affiliate links to things I use often in my kitchen and love.
- If your peaches aren’t totally ripe/flavorful, you can add a bit of brown sugar or honey before broiling. When peaches are in peak season, no added sweetener is necessary.
- These can be prepped a few hours ahead of time. To do so, complete steps 1-4 and refrigerate. Bring back to room temperature and add balsamic glaze just before serving.
- Serving Size: 2 wedges
- Calories: 90 calories
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
Keywords: palisade peaches, colorado peaches, summer recipes, appetizers, 5 ingredients or less
This post was originally published on August 13, 2018 and updated August 30, 2020.
Want More Plant-Forward Recipes?
Join my VIP list and I'll send you five reader favorites! Healthy, flavor-packed recipes. What's not to love about that?