I’m Leanne, a registered dietitian based out of Denver, Colorado and at the risk of sounding totally overdramatic, food and cooking are my absolute jam. My interest in nutrition started back in college when I discovered food blogs and realized that eating healthy didn’t mean jumping on the latest fad diet or meticulously counting calories or points. That it was instead about finding the balance between caring about how food impacts your physical health while still learning to let go and enjoy yourself.
I became enamored in cooking and decided that I wanted to make a career out of teaching others how to incorporate great-tasting food into a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
I started my blog to share reliable, evidence-based nutrition information and empower people (like you!) to be the healthiest version of yourself through learning to prepare meals and snacks that actually taste great and “work” in real life. Sometimes eating is about nostalgia, being social or just pure satisfaction and I think all can be equally important. Through my many experiences working as a dietitian I have found that most people already have a lot of nutrition information memorized, they just need ways to make it work for them. That’s where I come in.
I want to tell you that you can have a fun and meaningful life while enjoying great food with great people and still achieve your health and wellness goals. Eating should be pleasurable, not stressful.
New to this blog? Start here!
- 31 Things You Might Not Know About Me
- Top 10 Most Popular Posts of 2018
- Shop Page // A few of my favorite cooking & blogging tools
- City Food Guides (I love to travel!)
- 4 Free resources for home cooks
Since starting my career, I have worked in a variety of settings including fitness centers, public health/community nutrition, hospitals and corporate wellness. In August 2018 I made the leap to full-time entrepreneurship!
I offer virtual nutrition coaching, in-person educational events and online programs and I absolutely love what I do! If you think we might be a good fit for working together and you want to chat, click the button below to take a look at my package options.
- M.S. Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University (2017)
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist since 2012; credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Completed 1200-hour Dietetic Internship with Tri-County Health Department (2011-2012)
- B.S. Dietetics, University of Northern Colorado (2011)
- 3 years experience in employee wellness program coordination (including 25+ presentations, wellness challenge facilitation, and event management)
- Versed in clinical nutrition, leading group classes, personal training & group fitness instruction
- Mastermind group facilitation
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics member since 2009
- Denver Dietetics Association member since 2010 (President 2015-2016)