I’m Leanne, a registered dietitian based out of Denver, Colorado and at the risk of sounding totally overdramatic, food and cooking are my absolute jam. My interest in nutrition started back in college when I discovered food blogs and realized that eating healthy didn’t mean jumping on the latest fad diet or meticulously counting calories or points. That it was instead about finding balance between caring about how food impacts your physical health while still living life to the fullest and fostering personal relationships (and your mental health) along the way.
I became enamored in cooking and decided that I wanted to make a career out of teaching others how to incorporate great-tasting food into a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
I started my blog to empower people just like you to be the healthiest version of yourself through practical and realistic lifestyle changes while learning to prepare meals and snacks that actually taste great and “work” in real life. Sometimes eating is about nostalgia, being social or pure satisfaction and I think all can be equally important. Through my many experiences working as a dietitian I have found that most people already have a lot of nutrition information memorized, they just need ways to make it work for them. That’s where I come in.
I’m here to tell you that you can have a fun and meaningful life AND still achieve your health/wellness goals. Eating should be pleasurable, not stressful.
Since starting my career, I have worked in a variety of settings including fitness centers, public health/community nutrition, hospitals and corporate wellness. In August 2018 I made the leap to full-time entrepreneurship!
I offer virtual nutrition coaching, in-person educational events and online programs and I absolutely love what I do! If you think we might be a good fit for working together and you want to chat, click the button below to take a look at my package options.
- M.S. Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University (2017)
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist since 2012; credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Completed 1200-hour Dietetic Internship with Tri-County Health Department (2011-2012)
- B.S. Dietetics, University of Northern Colorado (2011)
- 3 years experience in employee wellness program coordination (including 25+ presentations, wellness challenge facilitation, and event management)
- Versed in clinical nutrition, leading group classes, personal training & group fitness instruction
- Mastermind group facilitation
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics member since 2009
- Denver Dietetics Association member since 2010 (President 2015-2016)